I’m not a big fan of easy money, nor do I know how to place a bet there, but I just thought of: what if a hundred million pesos suddenly appeared in front of you and it’s clean money (assuming taxes are paid)?
How long can I make that money last?
- I’m going to get myself a comprehensive health insurance. I guess allotting 15 million for it will not hurt especially if it’s going to cover me and my family more than twice of what I’ll pay for.
- I’m going to quit our jobs, of course. That is after I calculate how much I’ll need to spend on our daily living, in case there isn’t any upgrade with our lifestyle. I’ll also calculate how much I need to allocate in case I want an upgrade.
- I will give in a little splurge by buying that condominium I’ve been eyeing ever since they’re presold, make sure that sun reaches the room at the right time.
- I will buy the beach house I’ve been visualizing for the longest time. Yey!
- I’m going to buy a property that gives me the ability to grow my own food. I really like the concept of seeing things growing. A nice from the backyard salad for merienda? Why not!
- I make sure I invest on a higher insurance coverage. It’s the same concept of health insurance but this is the type I want to pass on my kids easily. 7. Buy my family members their funeral plan, too. Since I already got mine started, I know that the price is cheaper now that I pay it while we don’t need it yet.
- I will purchase different properties that I can open for either long term, or short term lease.
- Diversify by investing on different investment vehicles.
- Buy a Jollibee Franchise
|Health Insurance for 4||8,000,000|
|Upgraded lifestyle at 45,000 a month for the next 30 years||31,000,000|
|Dream condominium with a little provision for association costs||18,000,000|
|A higher insurance coverage||1,000,000|
|Funeral plan for three more||500,000|
|An apartment complex property||5,000,000|
|Different investment vehicles||1,000,000|
Almost at the end of coming up with the numbers, I had to change provisions to make sure I get to squeeze them all. 100 million isn’t enough yet to reach all my dreams in life.
It seems daunting to hold such a big amount of money especially without having a plan. My plans, as elaborate as they are, still could not fit the budget as big as 100M even if there’s still more I want to acquire. I’m not even near a hundred million worth right now, but that doesn’t stop me from continuously wanting to have them and making sure I’ll be able to tick a few in this lifetime. The worst lies when we don’t have a plan on how we would allocate any amount to sustain our life choices. 100M clean cash? Let me know!